Brain "Gut" Debate
Created by Joel Crandall https://www.voilamethod.com/
A few things to think about
- In College our Professor used the Analogy of the Thermostat and the Heating Unit. The Person Sets the Temp on the Thermostat (Perception of Hot/Cold)
- The Thermostat being the Brain. Controls the Balance of the Temp.
- Heater - The Body/Gut. Lets Brain know if too cold or too hot
SO many Studies saying the Gut Controls the Brain. Its Partially True. But Let's Look Deeper!
- The Mind Body Loop Is a 2 way street as are most functions of the mind/body.
- Consider this: the gut has 100 million nerve cells; the brain has a TRILLION
- While both important, which is the bigger player?
- If you pause and think about it, it’s easy to see the difference.
- If you see something that makes your stomach turn into knots, which caused it to turn into the knots, the mind or the stomach?
More Differences.. The Math
- Gut has 100 million nerve cells the Brain has Over a TRILLION.
- While it’s a 2 way street, as most Mind/body functions, if you do the simple math, you can see the bigger player . VOILÁ Method has worked with people with Crohn's disease and each time the issue has been with their perception (Brain, not Gut)
Even More Differences in Hierarchy
- The Brains deals with Perception. So Many may THINK they are in danger when in fact they are not and this affects the "Gut."
- If you would like more-- Where is the Amygdala Located? (The Reptilian Brain - Flight, Flight, Freeze): In the Brain.
- Where is the Intuition Chakra? (6th Chakra - 3rd Eye) In the Mind.
- Where is the Pituitary & Pineal Gland which controls Hormone levels? The Brain
- The Heater gets the Credit for keeping you warm. When it was the Thermostat that Controlled the outcome.